Saturday, January 31, 2015

Saturday

I can't believe the weekend is half over!  Today was a good day, but didn't really feel like the weekend since I had to go into work.  We had a volunteer meeting at 1pm, which stole a lot of my day, but it was fun...great turn out and got to meet some neat people.  Getting excited about the festival coming soon!

After the meeting, I decided to check out Goodwill and scored some good finds.  Then, I thought I'd quick grab some groceries before going home.  Little did I know the grocery store was a mad house.  Not only was it Saturday, it was the day before Superbowl, the day before a forecasted snowstorm, and apparently they were having a big sale.  A perfect storm of "S"s!  I could not believe how many people were there!  Every checkout lane was open and every line crossed the main aisle and spilled into the clothing sections.   It was nuts!

I decided to just have a good attitude and not get frustrated.  I tried to smile at people as much as possible and encourage the checkout guy (who was not shy about sharing his true feelings about the situation and emphasizing how LONG of a day he had to work!  Seriously...8 whole hours!).  At one point he asked for my ID and I got a good laugh when he said, "Oh...you look more like you'd have been born in '93!"  haha  I'll take that as a compliment.

Despite everything, it was a fairly productive day.  Made some Superbowl snacks, froze some smoothies for the week ahead, did some laundry & some cleaning.  Not too shabby.

And, I felt pretty satisfied when I created this from my groceries:


Food art.  Pretty, right?

Guess I should have bought some blueberries!