Thursday, January 29, 2015

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

As I was leaving work today, a thought crossed my mind that I didn't think I'd ever have:

"I wish we had more snow."

Anyone who's known me for at least a couple years could tell you that winter is not my favorite season.  In fact, it's been at the bottom of the list for most of my life. (Probably all the years since I outgrew school snow days.) However, in the last year or two I've tried to have a better attitude about it.  

When we got our first snow this winter in November, I decided that this year was going to be different.  I made a declaration on Facebook (because of course that's where you declare your most important thoughts  & goals) that I was going to embrace winter.  I wasn't going to complain.  I was going to enjoy it.

And I have.

Now, granted, we haven't had the worst winter in history, but it's been cold and off-and-on snowy.  And I haven't really minded.  I've noticed how pretty it is.  I've enjoyed my new snow boots.  I've enjoyed shoveling.  And I've toted skis around in my car for weeks.

The last sentence being the reason for my opening thought.  In my effort to embrace winter, I actually bought skis and then the snow melted!  I haven't even put them on once!  So sad.

So, now I'm wishing for snow (gasp!)...

And apparently it's working because just a few hours later, I was driving through this:


And looking like this (while stopped to get gas...not while driving!):




Bring it on!

(just for a little while...then bring on 70 degrees in March!)

No comments: