Sunday, January 18, 2015

Happy Sunday!

Today was a good day, with a nice mix of relaxation & productivity.  I started the day by going to church followed by a visit to a local coffee shop for some reading.  Then this afternoon, I spent quite a while in the kitchen, which I've really come to enjoy.

First I made some "clean out the refrigerator" chili with various leftover ingredients, which turned out to be quite delicious!  Ground beef, tomato sauce, tomato paste, homemade salsa, black beans, pinto beans, corn, and seasonings.  I paired it with some bake-at-home organic rosemary bread that I found at Aldi.  Perfect dinner for a winter day and plenty of leftovers for lunch this week - bonus!


Then I made this granola:  http://www.themom100.com/the-mom-100-blog/recipes/crunchy-chewy-granola/

I love this recipe...it really is chewy and crunchy, and so easy to make!



Next, I decided to prep some easy grab & go breakfast items for the week.  I find it so much less stressful to get ready in the morning when I don't have to worry about preparing breakfast & lunch.  

I made some overnight oats - almond milk, plain yogurt, steel cut oats, flax or chia seeds, berries, and a little bit of jam for sweetness.  There are tons of variations online, but I usually just use whatever I have on hand.  Coconut is a good addition too.  Jut put all the ingredients in a jar & shake it up, then mix and eat in the morning.  So yummy!


Finally, I made a couple of smoothies to freeze -- I haven't tried this before, but one of my co-workers does it & says it works out well.  You just have to remember to put them in the fridge the night before so there is time to thaw.

I made a PB chocolate banana mix with almond milk and spinach.  Look forward to seeing how they turn out defrosted.


Looking forward to a great week ahead!

No comments: