Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Trust & Worry

Why is it so hard to completely trust God? Lately, I keep hearing Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." I've heard this verse countless times before, but I've been thinking more about what it really means to trust with ALL my heart. Am I giving myself fully to God? Am I surrendering ALL parts of my life & my future? If so, I shouldn't feel worried or stressed, right? I read somewhere that worry & stress are signs of a lack of faith in God, which makes sense.

I think a lot of my worry comes from not wanting to do the wrong thing. I want to do God's will, but I don't always clearly know what that is. What if I make the wrong decision? What if my motives aren't right? How do I KNOW for sure?

It seems like most of my thoughts are questions that just lead to more questions & rarely do I come up with any clear answers. I wish life was more like math - every problem has a definite answer and there's a clear way to get to it (I know, I'm a nerd because I actually like math). Although, I suppose that would make life quite boring & pointless. I guess I just need to learn to enjoy the uncertainty & adventure of it all. :)

Lord, help me to trust you COMPLETELY! And help me to relax & enjoy the ride.

No comments: