Saturday, January 10, 2009

Prayer

So, it's been a really long time since I've done this & I don't really even know where to start...

One thing that I've been struggling with a lot lately (well, I guess not just lately, but I've been thinking about it a lot more recently) is prayer. I feel like I just pray the same thing over & over again, but I don't know what else to say. And then I get so stuck on asking for things that I forget that I should really be worshiping God, but whatever I say never seems good enough or genuine enough. I think I have a hard time transferring my love for God from my head to my heart. I know a lot of stuff about God, but I don't always feel it. I know my relationship shouldn't be built on feelings, but it should be part of it, right? I think I've heard & read things about God so many times that I'm not awed by them like I should be...I don't let myself really take it all in & let it change me. How do I do that? How can I change my perspective? And how can I get out of this prayer rut? I need to remember God more & forget about myself.

It's really not about me at all.

No comments: