Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tour of Downtowns

It's been an eventful weekend already & it's only Saturday afternoon! :)

Yesterday my mom, grandma & I went over to check out the estate sale at my great gram's house. I wish I had some pictures because it was definitely picture-worthy. It was crazy to see how much stuff she fit into her little house! We rescued an old slide projector and brought it home and got to check out some pictures of my mom as a little one!

Next, my mom & I headed downtown Grand Rapids for ArtPrize. We walked around for 4 hours & only saw a small sampling of the many amazing art pieces.

Here are a couple of my favorites:

A giant penny made of over 84,000 pennies!


Shelves of 'dream jars' -- mason jars filled with items representing all different people's dreams. The tags tell what the dreams were about. Pretty interesting!


And a cute giraffe that I made friends with!


If you live near GR, you should go check it out...there's some amazing stuff!


This morning, we decided to go downtown Holland to check out the Fire Truck parade and the fruit & vegetable carving competition.

Cool Fire Truck


Under the Sea Carving



Finally, we headed downtown Zeeland to see the kids' costume contest.

This was one of my favorites! Some adorable veggie babies!



Go find some fun fall festivities & support your local community!

No comments: