Saturday, February 7, 2009

Random Thoughts

It's amazing how a little bit of sunshine & some warmer weather can change your entire perspective. It's almost 50 degrees today & it feels amazing! I feel like it's almost a tease, making me long for spring even more, but I will just try to enjoy it while I can. I sat on the porch & read my Bible this morning, which was so refreshing. I miss the porch sitting days!

Last night one of my roommates & I stayed up til 2:30 just talking about life and faith and memories and the future. It was so good to process things together and to know that someone else feels the same way about things. It's scary sometimes to admit your doubts or fears or questions, but it's such a relief when you do and someone else admits to feeling the same way. Why are we always so afraid of being the only one?

One thing I read recently that has got me thinking is that our lives as Christians shouldn't make sense to non-believers. Is my life different enough from the world? How do I stop just blending in & be a better witness?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Blending in? Being a witness? Very hard. I think that it's the balance that is so hard to figure out. I think being a witness can be a variety of things such as offering a simple smile to everyone you encounter or being gracious at the check out. I have been very encouraged to pay it forward.. That is a way you will definately not blend in! GOod luck!