Saturday, February 7, 2015

Random Thoughts

Well, February has been a busy month so far, thus the decrease in posting.

So, some random catch-up thoughts...

I watched the movie Groundhog Day with a friend last week (the day after the real Groundhog Day).  It had been years and years since I had seen it, so I remembered the premise, but not the details.  I forgot just how many times poor Bill Murray had to relive that terrible day...it was almost painful, but still funny.  It did make me think about how I would feel if I woke up & had to relive my day over again.  Would I be happy about it?  Would I choose to live it differently?  Some days it would be nice to rewind and start again...refrain from saying that stupid thing, take time to be present with people, use the time more wisely....  And some days, maybe it's just better to move on & put things behind you.


I also learned this week that I own 14 pairs of jeans!  Yikes...when did I become THAT girl?  Now, 90% of said jeans were bought from thrift stores and even the ones bought new are several years old.  But still.  It kind of makes me sick.  Perhaps it's time to simplify a bit.


Some things I've enjoyed this week:

Being in the kitchen & trying new recipes

Made this:  http://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/08/11/texas-caviar/#VP95RLuTxSak8udR.32

Texas Caviar

And something like this (can't find the actual recipe I used, but similar): http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/23/want-to-eat-an-entire-bowl-of-cookie-dough/

Sounds strange, but really tasty!



I cannot take credit for this pretty pie, but I did enjoy eating it!



Cider - love trying new flavors



Sunsets - a great Friday night surprise




1 comment:

Sarah said...

14 jeans! I own two pairs!! Crazy Daisy. That pie looks yummy :)